Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
User Contributions / Re: Mousecat - Block all mouse events on Windows
« Last post by MrBcx on June 13, 2024, 07:37:22 PM »
Erm? That is quite interesting, for me I press windows+b, hit show hidden icons, and it's right there. It takes no more than three keystrokes

Those are fair points. 

My hunch is that most users have not committed Win+B to memory - I certainly haven't.

I normally set a tray app's visibility using Settings | Personalization |Taskbar

Anyway -- it's still an interesting bit of code, now with 4 ways to shut it down:

* Win+b + Tray Icon
* ALT-Q
* Task Manager
* Turn off Computer
« Last post by Quin on June 13, 2024, 05:40:52 PM »
Erm? That is quite interesting, for me I press windows+b, hit show hidden icons, and it's right there. It takes no more than three keystrokes. Am not sure how the hidden icons work with a mouse though, but you most certainly can expand/show them (or even turn them off completely because they're really annoying).
« Last post by MrBcx on June 13, 2024, 10:42:59 AM »
You don't need to resort to Task Manager, clicking on the tray icon should quit the program. A hotkey is quite nice though and I was unsure how to go about that, so thanks! :)

I disagree.

When I run your original code on Windows 11, your app icon is in the hidden part of my tray icons. 

I can't access the hidden icons drop down to reveal your hidden app, ergo I cannot click on it to terminate the application.

« Last post by Quin on June 13, 2024, 10:11:18 AM »
You don't need to resort to Task Manager, clicking on the tray icon should quit the program. A hotkey is quite nice though and I was unsure how to go about that, so thanks! :)
« Last post by MrBcx on June 13, 2024, 09:16:35 AM »
Here is my version of Quin's code that now includes an ALT-Q hotkey, so
that one can terminate the program without needing to resort to Task Manager.

Code: [Select]
GUI "MousecatWnd"

CONST ID_TRAYICON = 101
CONST IDT_REHOOK = WM_USER + 2
CONST ID_HOTKEY = 1

GLOBAL Hook AS HHOOK
GLOBAL Note AS NOTIFYICONDATA
GLOBAL Mainform AS HWND

SUB FORMLOAD
    Mainform = BCX_FORM("Mousecat", 0, 0, 150, 100)
    Note.cbSize = SIZEOF(Note)
    Note.hWnd = Mainform
    Note.uID = ID_TRAYICON
    Note.uFlags |= NIF_MESSAGE | NIF_TIP
    Note.uCallbackMessage = WM_USER + 1
    Note.szTip$ = "Mousecat"
    Shell_NotifyIcon(NIM_ADD, ADDRESSOF(Note))
    Hook = SetWindowsHookEx(WH_MOUSE_LL, ADDRESSOF(MouseCallback), GetModuleHandle(0), 0)
    SetTimer(Mainform, IDT_REHOOK, 300000, NULL)
    RegisterHotKey(Mainform, ID_HOTKEY, MOD_ALT, ASC("Q"))     ' Register ALT-Q as a hotkey
END SUB

BEGIN EVENTS
    IF CBCTL = ID_TRAYICON THEN           ' This seems completely pointless but I left it in, just in case.
        END
    END IF
    IF CBMSG = WM_TIMER THEN
        UnhookWindowsHookEx(Hook)
        Hook = SetWindowsHookEx(WH_MOUSE_LL, ADDRESSOF(MouseCallback), GetModuleHandle(0), 0)
    END IF
    IF CBMSG = WM_HOTKEY THEN
        IF CBWPARAM = ID_HOTKEY THEN
            Shell_NotifyIcon(NIM_DELETE, ADDRESSOF(Note))
            UnhookWindowsHookEx(Hook)
            END                                                  ' End the program when ALT-Q is pressed
        END IF
    END IF
END EVENTS

FUNCTION MouseCallback(Code, wParam AS ULONGLONG, lParam AS LONGLONG) AS LONGLONG
    FUNCTION = TRUE
END FUNCTION

User Contributions / Mousecat - Block all mouse events on Windows
« Last post by Quin on June 13, 2024, 04:04:22 AM »
This most likely won't be of much use to a majority of the people here, but I spent a good portion of tonight/this morning writing this little BCX program (my first completed BCX project!). It installs a low-level keyboard hook that blocks any and all mouse events, mostly useful if you have an annoying touchpad on a laptop you keep hitting by mistake.
The code is a Github Gist, and I put it under Zlib. I.e., do whatever you want with it, I really don't care, but a tiny line of credits/thanks would be nice.
https://gist.github.com/TheQuinbox/3769cff06ddc54c83296b8623aa59c73
Now I should probably hit post and go to bed, it's well past 4 in the morning here :P
Bug Reports / Re: Unable to review error output with a screen reader in BED
« Last post by MrBcx on June 12, 2024, 09:37:20 PM »
Just tested, and it works great on both Windows 11 and Windows 10. Thanks so much!

Glad to hear it. 

I'll make the change permanent and list it in the revisions of the next BED release.

« Last post by Quin on June 12, 2024, 09:25:31 PM »
Just tested, and it works great on both Windows 11 and Windows 10. Thanks so much!
« Last post by MrBcx on June 12, 2024, 08:50:03 PM »
Quin - I sent you a private message using this forum's messaging facility.

Let me know if you have trouble getting to it.

« Last post by MrBcx on June 12, 2024, 07:34:52 PM »
Hi,
I did a bit of fiddling, and that would be incredibly helpful actually. I can use NVDA's review cursor to get around tab, go inside the list, and press NVDA+enter to set it to the foreground. A key to jump back to the editor would be quite nice too.

Will this key work in the build window too? I can't seem to access it from there using NVDA (the dialog overlays the entire editor).

Quin - I'll give this all a think and a tinker and let you know what I come up with.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10