Author Topic: Bcx 7.4.8 Available for Download  (Read 1405 times)

MrBcx

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bcx 7.4.8 Available for Download
« on: July 09, 2020, 07:55:51 PM »
Hello friends,

This is a MAJOR update.  Please refer to the BCX_Revisions.Txt

I've done all the testing that I can and I'm very pleased with this version, so hopefully v748 will not break anything.

https://bcxbasiccoders.com/archives/YahooGroups/Bcx_Files_New/Bcx748.zip

Code: [Select]
**********************************************************************************************
2020/07/08    : Changes in 7.4.8 from 7.4.7
**********************************************************************************************
Kevin Diggins : Removed (all?) shadowed variables by renaming MANY local and global variables.
Kevin Diggins : Corrected the most serious warnings reported by various compilers.
Kevin Diggins : Removed unused/undocumented BCX_MAX_VAR_SIZE conditional code
Kevin Diggins : Removed unused/undocumented EmptyTmpStr() and simplified BCX_TmpStr()
Kevin Diggins : Reduced arbitrary padding from 256 bytes down to 1 in BCX_TmpStr()
Kevin Diggins : Removed arbitrary 256 byte padding in all calloc function calls
Kevin Diggins : Removed str_cmp() and replaced with standard library strcmp()
Kevin Diggins : Removed _strstr_() and replaced with standard library strstr()
Kevin Diggins : Moved BCXTmpStrSize to the CONST's section of the C/C++ output     
Kevin Diggins : Removed deprecated "GetversionEx()" from built-in OSVERSION function
Kevin Diggins : Removed deprecated "Getversion()" from FindFirstInstance() and modified
                FindFirstInstance() to only work on NT-class (32/64) operating systems.
Kevin Diggins : BCX now automatically appends its ISO build date to BCX Version$.
Kevin Diggins : More changes improving the formatting of the C/C++ output file.
Kevin Diggins : Added memicmp to _memicmp in transformations
Kevin Diggins : Added the following warning block for MSVC (I'm using warning level -W3)
                #if (_MSC_VER >= 1900) // earlier versions untested
                  #pragma warning(disable: 4244) // conversion from type1 to type2 warnings
                  #pragma warning(disable: 4267) // conversion from type1 to type2 warnings
                  #pragma warning(disable: 4800) // forcing value to bool warnings
                #endif
Kevin Diggins : Added the following warning block for Pelles(I'm using warning level -W2)
                #if defined (__POCC__)"
                  #pragma warn(disable: 2248) // optional args not portable warnings 
                  #pragma warn(disable: 2215) // conversion from type1 to type2 warnings 
                  #pragma warn(disable: 2805) // possible anti-aliasing violation warnings 
                  #pragma warn(disable: 2118) // unreferenced argument warnings 
                  #pragma warn(disable: 2810) // potential realloc warnings
                #endif

Robert

• View Profile
Re: Bcx 7.4.8 Available for Download
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 08:10:25 PM »
Hello friends,

This is a MAJOR update.  Please refer to the BCX_Revisions.Txt

I've done all the testing that I can and I'm very pleased with this version, so hopefully v748 will not break anything.

https://bcxbasiccoders.com/archives/YahooGroups/Bcx_Files_New/Bcx748.zip

Code: [Select]

2020/07/08    : Changes in 7.4.8 from 7.4.7
Kevin Diggins : Removed (all?) shadowed variables by renaming MANY local and global variables.
Kevin Diggins : Corrected the most serious warnings reported by various compilers.
Kevin Diggins : Removed unused/undocumented BCX_MAX_VAR_SIZE conditional code
Kevin Diggins : Removed unused/undocumented EmptyTmpStr() and simplified BCX_TmpStr()
Kevin Diggins : Reduced arbitrary padding from 256 bytes down to 1 in BCX_TmpStr()
Kevin Diggins : Removed arbitrary 256 byte padding in all calloc function calls
Kevin Diggins : Removed str_cmp() and replaced with standard library strcmp()
Kevin Diggins : Removed _strstr_() and replaced with standard library strstr()
Kevin Diggins : Moved BCXTmpStrSize to the CONST's section of the C/C++ output     
Kevin Diggins : Removed deprecated "GetversionEx()" from built-in OSVERSION function
Kevin Diggins : Removed deprecated "Getversion()" from FindFirstInstance() and modified
                FindFirstInstance() to only work on NT-class (32/64) operating systems.
Kevin Diggins : BCX now automatically appends its ISO build date to BCX Version$.
Kevin Diggins : More changes improving the formatting of the C/C++ output file.
Kevin Diggins : Added memicmp to _memicmp in transformations
Kevin Diggins : Added the following warning block for MSVC (I'm using warning level -W3)
                #if (_MSC_VER >= 1900) // earlier versions untested
                  #pragma warning(disable: 4244) // conversion from type1 to type2 warnings
                  #pragma warning(disable: 4267) // conversion from type1 to type2 warnings
                  #pragma warning(disable: 4800) // forcing value to bool warnings
                #endif
Kevin Diggins : Added the following warning block for Pelles(I'm using warning level -W2)
                #if defined (__POCC__)"
                  #pragma warn(disable: 2248) // optional args not portable warnings 
                  #pragma warn(disable: 2215) // conversion from type1 to type2 warnings 
                  #pragma warn(disable: 2805) // possible anti-aliasing violation warnings 
                  #pragma warn(disable: 2118) // unreferenced argument warnings 
                  #pragma warn(disable: 2810) // potential realloc warnings
                #endif

Thank you for this, MrBCX. Lots of good changes in 7.4.8 and it will take some time to digest but, more likely than not, as usual, users will not notice any difference and no code will be broken.

Is today the 20th anniversary of the formation of the BCX Yahoo Forum?

Twenty years ??? WOW, it seems like yesterday.

MrBcx

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bcx 7.4.8 Available for Download
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 08:54:29 PM »

Thank you for this, MrBCX. Lots of good changes in 7.4.8 and it will take some time to digest but, more likely than not, as usual, users will not notice any difference and no code will be broken.

Is today the 20th anniversary of the formation of the BCX Yahoo Forum?

Twenty years ??? WOW, it seems like yesterday.

Thanks Robert,

20 years to the day!  On Sunday July 9, 2000, my first post was

"Okay ... here it is.  Start Posting!"

Actually, at that time, our forum was on EGROUPS, which was acquired by Yahoo sometime after the BCX group was created.
Fortunately, the transition from EGROUPS to Yahoo! went smoothly and all of our EGROUPS content was imported into Yahoo's system.