Author Topic: B4A BASIC for Android  (Read 235 times)

Robert

• View Profile
B4A BASIC for Android
« on: February 16, 2020, 11:28:00 PM »
I have seen mention in the past that some BCX programmers were also checking out B4A BASIC for Android.

B4A is now FREE!

I think it is a very well developed, updated and easy to use tool. Very active online community. I have been a licensed user for a couple of years.

Website at

https://www.b4x.com/
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 08:34:37 AM by MrBcx »

MrBcx

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re:B4A BASIC for Android
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 07:20:21 AM »
I purchased the B4A package about 7 years ago for a work-related project.  I had gotten much of the UI completed and most of the business logic but I hit a roadblock with our company network security group when I tried to get them to open a port in the network DMZ.  Without that client/server access, I could not exchange the data that was needed to run the app.  That was frustrating, the project was shelved, and I retired 2 years later.

Despite that limited experience, I thought that "Basic For Android" was a solid product that fit with my development sensibilities.  I may tinker with it on my Samsung Tablet, just to see how it has matured since I last used it.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 08:34:57 AM by MrBcx »

mekanixx

• View Profile
Re: Off Topic: B4A BASIC for Android
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 02:11:42 PM »
Thanks Robert, I too was a registered user a few years ago but dropped my registration. I downloaded it again and will tinker as I have time.

Doyle