Author Topic: Traverse  (Read 289 times)

Robert

• View Profile
Traverse
« on: October 17, 2020, 04:58:44 PM »
A Traverse example for the Trigonometric section would be nice.

MrBcx

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Traverse
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 10:08:40 PM »

Robert -- You go first.

Here's a video that I just made of TurboCogo that I wrote in PBDOS back in the early 90's.

https://bcxbasiccoders.com/bcxusers/mrbcx/turbocogo.gif

It was used for about 5 years to run calcs on many projects (subdivisions, bridges, hotels, condos, etc)
It allowed me to distinguish myself and it helped open some important career doors.

It's trippy to read the source code 30 years later.

Robert

• View Profile
Re: Traverse
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 11:12:31 PM »

Robert -- You go first.

Here's a video that I just made of TurboCogo that I wrote in PBDOS back in the early 90's.

https://bcxbasiccoders.com/bcxusers/mrbcx/turbocogo.gif

It was used for about 5 years to run calcs on many projects (subdivisions, bridges, hotels, condos, etc)
It allowed me to distinguish myself and it helped open some important career doors.

It's trippy to read the source code 30 years later.

Turbo CoGo. Beauty!

Back in the day, I was running a chainsaw cutting down trees. The job used to be called "thinning" but the job name was modernized to "spacing". Space trees to 10 feet apart. In between, cut EVERYTHING down. The thickest growth was called jail bars. You can imagine how thick. We were paid by the hectare.

On one job, I did my work and when I got paid it was immensely less than what I expected. I questioned this and the owner of the company said, "I didn't draw the map the government did". I said let me see. He goes and gets the map and I look. It was drawn from an aerial survey. Nobody had boots on the ground. Nobody took the slope into consideration of the area.

The freaking slope was so steep that a mountain goat would have trouble on it. So I said to myself next time I'm going to measure the plot myself. That's how I got into computing on a Sharp 1500 pocket computer with a plugin BASIC ROM. Never did use it for spacing.

Spacing jobs became scarce so I got into tree planting. By the piece not by area.

Traverse. O.K. I know this ....