Author Topic: Bcx EDitor (BED)  (Read 5320 times)

Robert

• View Profile
Re: Bcx EDitor (BED)
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2021, 02:51:50 PM »
On line 159 of Regoptions.bas ADD:   IF LEN(buffer$)= 0 THEN buffer$ = LoadResString$(BCX_hInstance, 1011, "")

Hi Ian:

Thanks, that helped.

Compiled as 32 bit Unicode with Pelles C.

Menu item, Tools/Configure IDE does not work.

I need that because the screen is unreadable.  I would like to change the font to Consolas and reset the font size.

Hi Ian:

The problem was the Pelles C optimizer. Surprised ? NOT !

You should revise line 32 in bedunicodefuncs.bas

'pocc -W1 -Ot -Gd -Go -Ze -Zx -MT -Tx86-coff -D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0A00  -DUNICODE -D_UNICODE filename.c

and remove the -Ot.

iancasey

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2021, 12:53:09 AM »
Thanks,
I'm glad you found it, I thought someone here or on PellesC had brought that up a couple of months ago so I removed it, I guess I forgot that comment.

I have made that change and fixed a bug in copying outbox, and uploaded the revised files.

mr_unreliable

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2021, 11:27:51 AM »
hi group,

The latest BCX Editor is too advanced for me and my vintage computer+system +BCXtranslator+compiler.  But still I would like to dip my toe in the Scintilla world.

I have resurrected Doyle Whisenant's IDE from ca 2008, and that is compiling and running just fine for me.

The current BED is said to have it's origins in Mike Henning's 2005 Scintilla Editor, which I have looked for but not found.  Mr BCX did a Herculean job of retaining and moving all the old forum stuff to the current forum, and so it must be here somewhere.  But I couldn't find it.

I would like to take a look at Mike Hennings code.  Can anybody tell me where to find it?  Or, is the editor in Doyle's IDE really Henning's editor and I already have it?

cheers, Mr Vintage System.

MrBcx

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2021, 12:05:20 PM »
hi group,

The latest BCX Editor is too advanced for me and my vintage computer+system +BCXtranslator+compiler.  But still I would like to dip my toe in the Scintilla world.

I have resurrected Doyle Whisenant's IDE from ca 2008, and that is compiling and running just fine for me.

The current BED is said to have it's origins in Mike Henning's 2005 Scintilla Editor, which I have looked for but not found.  Mr BCX did a Herculean job of retaining and moving all the old forum stuff to the current forum, and so it must be here somewhere.  But I couldn't find it.

I would like to take a look at Mike Hennings code.  Can anybody tell me where to find it?  Or, is the editor in Doyle's IDE really Henning's editor and I already have it?

cheers, Mr Vintage System.

Hi MRU,

It took me quite a bit of time to correct things in Mike Henning's original BCXIDE, so that
current versions of BCX could correctly compile it.  Contrary to what you may think, most
of the code in my version of BED and Ian's unicode version of BED, was written by Mike.

Doyle's Scintilla-based editor (BMED) is not based on Mike's code but you might well find
similarities because most projects that consume the Scintilla editor dll simply make calls
to the Scintilla API.

If you have Doyle's code compiling on your system, I would say to stick with that base, if
you're thinking about adding your own functionality to it. You can, of course, also study
the source from BED and Ian's UBED, to see how some of our enhancements were
implemented.

iancasey

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2021, 12:18:27 PM »
MRU
I found this from Mike Henning in case you still want to look at it.

iancasey

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2021, 12:46:05 PM »
Just another update:

Added full drag/drop re-Order tabs in tab control with multi-line control.
Added code to use new centering codes when using multiple monitors..
Fixed bug, losing icon in tab when redrawing.

Robert

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2021, 12:53:10 AM »
Just another update:

Added full drag/drop re-Order tabs in tab control with multi-line control.
Added code to use new centering codes when using multiple monitors..
Fixed bug, losing icon in tab when redrawing.

Unable to locate enabledrag.inc at line 61 in Module: BEd.bas

Original line

$INCLUDE "enabledrag.inc"

iancasey

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2021, 06:05:09 AM »
oops, sorry about that, I have added "enabledrag.inc" to the latest upload.

iancasey

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2021, 12:00:00 PM »
An update due to scintilla page not set when changing latest tabs code.
I have also set it where a tab not selected can be moved without affecting the currently selected tab, a simple click will select it.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 12:21:53 PM by iancasey »