Author Topic: Maybe it's just me ...  (Read 280 times)

MrBcx

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Maybe it's just me ...
« on: January 02, 2021, 09:35:09 AM »
... but it seems like Microsoft makes it increasing difficult to reach the System Properties dialog box with each new update.

I found a shortcut that now takes me directly to it.

Create a new desktop shortcut to:  sysdm.cpl

Robert

• View Profile
Re: Maybe it's just me ...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 02:07:39 PM »
... but it seems like Microsoft makes it increasing difficult to reach the System Properties dialog box with each new update.

I found a shortcut that now takes me directly to it.

Create a new desktop shortcut to:  sysdm.cpl

Yeah, I know. It took me weeks to figure it out. Often changing the PATH and other environment variables I resorted to putting a link to the old Control Panel on the taskbar. But now, even the Control Panel does not work as it once did.

However, eventually, I did find that it's accessible through the Start/Settings/System/About, scroll down to Related settings. Yes, About! Organized? In someone's demented mind I guess. The comment on the section is as incomprehensible as the organization.
This page has a few new settings.

Some settings from Control Panel have moved here and you can copy your PC info so it's easier to share.

Thanks for the sysdm.cpl idea. Definitely a superior access method.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
Oh, yeah
Mm
Still don't know what I was looking for

Robert

• View Profile
Re: Maybe it's just me ...
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 02:24:14 PM »
Just found this.

Starting with Windows 10 build 20161 and higher, the Control Panel > System page has been moved into the Settings > System > About page. Links that would open the System page in Control Panel will now direct you to About in Settings.

on webpage List of Commands to Open Control Panel Items in Windows 10 at

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/86339-list-commands-open-control-panel-items-windows-10-a.html