Author Topic: Building websites quickly as a desktop application!!!!  (Read 137 times)

Saleh

• View Profile
Building websites quickly as a desktop application!!!!
« on: May 11, 2021, 01:47:48 PM »
I have a big plan for this in my mind, but I started the main framework in VB6 to work faster, but i have port it to BCX at the first opportunity.
Imagine this thrill motivation! Create web forms and pages in the classic VB form Designer quickly, use controls event and their properties likes as a desktop applications! Compile the project into a single one executable that do not lay on any extra library or even activex such as dhtml and transfer it to the server as a CGI app to serve servicese.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COvSPC7nVsz/

« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 02:07:01 PM by Saleh »

MrBcx

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Building websites quickly as a desktop application!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 02:40:35 PM »
Hi Saleh ... you might already have some competition:

https://www.cybelesoft.com/thinfinity/virtualui/visual-basic-6/

Regarding your project, will your "executable" files require a Windows server or will it also run on Linux servers?
Windows web hosting plans tend to be more expensive and configuring them to run binary executable
files is not always easy and sometimes not even allowed.

Before I retired, I did a lot of web development on Windows Servers running SSRS, AD, Exchange, Dynamics,
and SharePoint.  Most of my work was in classic ASP and binary CGI's compiled with BCX.  I am quite interested
in your project and will be paying attention to your progress. 

Good Luck!

Saleh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 12:38:12 AM »
Hi Saleh ... you might already have some competition:

https://www.cybelesoft.com/thinfinity/virtualui/visual-basic-6/

Regarding your project, will your "executable" files require a Windows server or will it also run on Linux servers?
Windows web hosting plans tend to be more expensive and configuring them to run binary executable

Before I retired, I did a lot of web development on Windows Servers running SSRS, AD, Exchange, Dynamics,
and SharePoint.  Most of my work was in classic ASP and binary CGI's compiled with BCX.  I am quite interested
in your project and will be paying attention to your progress. 

Good Luck!

Thank you kevin,
The cybelesoft project that you mentioned at above, in fact is a heavy platform and looks like a remote executable service! but in my work all things it maybe a small 56kb binary exe such as a classic cgi exe files.
It is a big weak that this work be bounded to windows servers, so i wana to port it to bcx when done! And i will be leave 'linux porting works' to BCX friends.

Saleh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 12:50:41 AM »

This project can compile as an activex dll that directly accessed from .net website projects, it is not only bounded as cgi executables.

AND A FUN FACT ABOUT THAT: We can write a modern website entirely with an old laptop that only has 1.33mh cpu and 32mb of ram!  :D
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 02:48:15 AM by Saleh »

MrBcx

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 09:08:59 PM »

We can write a modern website entirely with an old laptop
that only has 1.33mh cpu and 32mb of ram! :D

That sounds like a form of punishment, if you ask me.   :D